The Amazon Journey Program aims to design and implement a broad set of organizational actions, whose general objective is forest conservation through the establishment of an ecosystem of entrepreneurship and innovation of impact in the Amazon. It has the following premises:
-The competitiveness of the standing forest can be fostered by innovation and entrepreneurship
Innovative startups should enter the intermediate links of production chains, diversifying demands, reducing dependencies, overcoming challenges of scale and logistics and promoting competitiveness of the conserved forest; connecting the forest and communities with sustainable global consumption chains.
With a vision for all of Brazil’s Legal Amazon region, the Journey has five large objectives:
- Promote the economic competitiveness of the standing forest, giving value to biodiversity through innovation;
- Awaken entrepreneurial talents and stimulate research focused on products and processes with a positive impact on the forest, acting to generate knowledge;
- Incentivize the emergence of new solutions, which, like the example of açaí, value local opportunities, market demand and the socioeconomic and environmental sustainability of the Amazon Forest;
- Strengthen the connection between industry and sustainable and regenerative forest chains;
- Contribute to the mitigation of global climate change, with systemic action towards various Sustainable Development Goals (SDG/UN).
Equipped with robust hardware and a software architecture that will enable its integration with ATMs and other types of access terminals, the Braille Modular Printer (IBMO) is designed to print bank balances and statements in braille, enabling broader access for thousands of visually impaired people to automated services, providing this target population autonomy and security when conducting daily financial transactions.
The project lasted four years and its final product was a version of the Braille Modular Printer integrated to an ATM, on which tests were conducted with Braille instructors from recognized institutions, such as: the Instituto Benjamin Constant, the Associação dos Deficientes Visuais do Amazonas [The Association of the Visually Impaired of Amazonas], the Complexo Municipal de Educação Especial and EMEE André Vidal de Araújo. The results of the tests helped to measure the quality of the braille dot, the usability of the interface and the understanding of the needs of the target population.
The mechanical, electromechanical, electrical and software development of the Braille Modular Printer were conducted by the CERTI Amazônia staff in partnership with the TECASSISTIVA team, via the Public Call for Science and Technology Institutions – FINEP.
Development of a set of innovative educational solutions that integrate with the micro:bit and LEGO Mindstorms platforms, with the goal of educating Brazilian children and youth in basic computing and computer programming concepts.
Research and development of an Innovative Educational Solution for POSITIVO, which involved electronic, mechanical and software design and development to integrate sensors and actuators with two educational technology platforms available on the market: micro:bit (V1) e LEGO Mindstorms (EV3).
New applications, complementary hardware, new methodologies and didactic tools were developed to help make the innovative concept “Education 4.0” a reality accessible to students and teachers in Brazilian primary education in the short term.
Client: Amazonas Distribuidora de Energia
The project, contemplated through Public Call for R&D projects 2015/2016, consisted of developing an experimental version of clothing for fieldwork technicians at Amazonas Distribuidora de Energia. The main idea was to provide the PPE suit with intelligence to minimize workplace risks and accidents.
An Android app was developed to initiate and complete an operation using the new PPE suit, whose main functions are to verify the presence or absence of PPE equipment, store sensor and GOPRO camera data and communicate with the client-server application.
Development and implementation of the MES (Manufacturing Execution System) comprised of four main modules:
- Shop Floor Control: enables the collection and recording of information from assembly lines and the later generation of reports on production progress.
- Quality Management System: enables the recording of information related to assembly line inspection and quality processes and the later generation of reports containing information about the processes performed.
- Integration Control: allows integrating to the system information pertaining to production orders, clients, and products, coming from ERP.
- Dashboard: enables the real-time visualization of productivity and quality indicators via a web browser.
Client: Universal Eletronics
Development of a web system, responsive to client-server type, which manages activities for combating ESD. The functions can be accessed with a browser on devices such as smartphones or tablets (Android OS), facilitating the recording of industrial inspections. The main functions of this system are:
- Registration and management of inspection activities
- Scheduling and recording of inspection activities
- Antistatic wrist strap monitoring (includes IoT data collector)
- Access control with ESD test
- Integration with access control (turnstile)
- Test of antistatic wrist strap or grounding heel
- Issue of reports and Dashboards
Client: Inventus Power
A system that allows automating parts of the auditing process: research and data correlation, storage of relevant records and documents, flagging, and monitoring actions inherent to the flow of decision-making.
The QMS enables the creation of auditing flows, by applying parameters to the flow of the process to be audited, in which the stages, activities and other specifics inherent to the process are defined. The QMS generates specific forms for each type of audit, enables the use of the forms via smartphone or tablet, manages the workflow of action plans, stores the results and the evidence of the audit, organizes indicators by process and issues a report containing the records of the audit performed.
A system for the automatic collection of operational information from the injection-molding machine facilities, capable of integrating both injectors equipped with native communication interfaces (serial or other protocols) and injectors without connectivity, in which the collection of electronic signals directly from the machine’s control panels was enabled.
It has a monitoring software layer capable of automatically handling the various types of distinct information offered by each injector model, guaranteeing the standardization of this information according to a common set of indicators, which were defined and implemented exclusively to meet the specifications of the thermoplastic industry’s manufacturing processes.
It has a software layer for visualizing indicators (a dashboard) capable of integrating all of the information provided by the injection molding facilities in the form of indicators of “Productivity”, “Efficiency”, “Quality” and “OEE – Overall Equipment Effectiveness”.
It contains a driver and Application Programming Interface (API) for serial communication with injectors (manufactured by ARBUG, DEMAG, COSMOS, ROMI, FANUC, and HAITIAN), through which are obtained production parameters (time of processing, quantity produced, non-scheduled stoppages) and operational parameters (temperature, pressure, alarms).
Electromechanical and software development for a machine capable of automatically testing and registering RFID inlays arranged in a matrix of up to 6 x 10, comprising:
- Process mapping and diagnostics
- Specification of alternative solutions
- Software, hardware, and mechanical development
- Performance and usability tests
- Integration, training, and operationalization
Desenvolvimento eletromecânico e de software de uma máquina capaz de testar e registrar automaticamente inlays de RFID dispostos em matriz de até 6 x 10, compreendendo:
- Mapeamento e diagnóstico do processo
- Especificação de alternativas de solução
- Desenvolvimento de software, hardware e mecânica
- Testes de desempenho e de usabilidade
- Integração, treinamento e operacionalização